There are many ways to get involved with Grands ‘n’ More Winnipeg. We encourage you to explore our website to get an idea of what we do, the variety of events we host or participate in, and the merchandise we sell.
- You can attend a meeting as a guest to meet many of our members. Our meetings are held at Riverview Community Centre usually on the first Thursday of the month. Check the Events page for the location and time. Joining GnM costs only $25 per year and will ensure that you will be emailed our newsletter and other notices of upcoming events or items of interest.
- If you would like to become a member but can’t make it to a meeting, click here to download a copy of our membership form and submit with a $25 fee to the address on the form.
- The Awareness & Speakers Bureau team is always happy to welcome new volunteers. We provide orientation/training and lots of background information on the cause we are supporting to ensure you feel comfortable in speaking to groups or staffing an Awareness table.
- Potluck Dinners have been a great opportunity for us to share wonderful meals together in many different parts of the city. Often hosted by local churches, we get to meet many new people who care about social justice causes, hear an interesting speaker and sample great cooking!
- Do you enjoy sewing or knitting? You can use your skills to sew bags or other merchandise that we sell at craft sales, potluck dinners, member meetings and other events. Warm Up to Winnipeg scarves are a big hit and raise money for the SLF while keeping newcomers to Winnipeg warm and cozy during the winter. Knitting and sewing are done in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace.
- Not a crafter? We always need volunteers to sell our merchandise at events.
- Too busy or don’t want to get involved in any of the above but still want to support such an important cause? Make a donation by sending a cheque made payable to Grands ‘n’ More Winnipeg c/o 66 Crestwood Crescent, Winnipeg, MB R2J 1H6. Donors will receive a tax receipt from the Stephen Lewis Foundation for donations of $20.00 or more. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and will go a long way toward improving the lives of African grandmothers and their grandchildren.